Wednesday 18 May 2016

Playlists For Your Trip

Music (and scent) can trigger memories. For my family, music is a big part of all of our holidays. Way before we stored our music on our phones and in clouds, I used to make up tapes (remember those??) and then later CD's for our trips. We would listen to them as we drove around, and then when we were back home, when we heard the songs it would make us think of a great time we had together on holiday.

I make up playlists specific to different places we go, and then I also make up playlists for when we just want to listen to our favourite songs. For these playlists, I do a favourite song for each member of the family and do rounds of these. This means that each member can hear their favourite song every few songs. I also have playlists that are sort of like games. These days it might be Guess the film this song is from'. When our children were little it might have been guessing what Disney movie the song was from or what show they watched the song was from. This is a great way to make the car trips between destinations a little bit more fun.

When I told my daughters what this post was about I said I was going to have lists of songs for people to get ideas from to make their own playlists. They immediately rolled their eyes and asked why I wouldn't just create a Spotify account and invite people to follow my travel playlists. SO...I have done both. Below are a suggestion of what you could have as playlists. Mine are on my Iphone in my Itunes account. I think I am one of only a small group of people who still pay for music. I like that I can access my music whenever and whenever I want wifi or not. We take chords to plug into cars to listen to our music in the car. We have found the last few trips the cars have had Bluetooth capability, but I still think we will take the chords for the next few trips until we are sure all the cars are Bluetooth enabled.

USA Playlist

Tennessee and South Playlist

California Playlist

Hawaii Playlist

Disneyland/ WDW Playlist


Las Vegas Playlist


Spotify Instructions
Once you have an account with Spotify, do a search for thetravelconcierge.blogspot.
If you follow me, you can see and follow all my playlists. Note-sometimes it can be hard to find it on an IPAD but phones work. I am not sure why.

* As many of you know, some songs have explicit language on Spotify but don't say they are the explicit version. I apologise in advance. Let me know if you come across any that I have missed and I will try to swap them with other versions.

Let me know any more songs you think I should include!



No comments:

Post a Comment